It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Post subject: What are you currently playing?
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:21 am 

I'm in a bit of a lag between rotations as our current campaigns are winding down and a few more are about to start up and it got me thinking.

What you guys playing, why did you make the choices you did, and are you having fun with it?

Here's a in index of what I'm playing or preparing to play, I'll add detail later.

Erirk Hess - level 10 Half-Orc Paladin (Strength) of Erathis.
Serin Hopeful - Level 19 Human Cleric of Pelor\Holy Emissary
Vandrius - Level 2 Deva Avenger of Avandra
Balasaar - level 30 Tiefling Invoker of Asmodeus\Theurge of the Compact\Prince of Hell
Sivar Seerhov - Level 0* Human* Runepriest of Heironeous*

So far I've enjoyed all of them, though each has a very different play style and personality. While Erirk is simple vocal and impulsive, Vandrius is quiet and jaded. Serin is compassionate and diplomatic while Balasaar has freed slaves ("Greetings inferior beings! you belong to me.") only to give them away as a toll.

Sivar is the runepriest I've mentioned in other threads, the DM wants to start out pre-hero, thus level 0 for a session or 3. we're human for now but the race will change later on - in my case to Deva or a half Deva, and Heironeous is the deity because in our last campaign my Paladin of Heironeous and Pelor ended up taking up the Mantle of Heironeous in the final session... since this is a bit of a continuation its more following my previous character than the original Deity.

so with all that rambling aside, what are you currently playing?

Post subject: Re: What are you currently playing?
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:52 pm 

Unfortunately, the DnD campaign I was playing in ended and the group moved over to VtR. Now, my DnD campaign is ending in one session and then I am starting a Dark Sun campaign that should go on for a couple of years...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 am 

Kern - lvl 7 Warden (deceased) Our DM moved to Steven's Point, so the game was ending. Our changling "companion" and our rogue teamed up with the bad guys and killed me and the Monk that was in our party. Game over :(

Edward - lvl 11 Blightbeast Predator Druid. Just became a Blightbeast, so is learning to embrace death. as far as RP, i'm kind of dead inside. He's fun to play, as i can move around the battlefield with ease, flanking as often as possible.

Varen - lvl 1 Rogue/Sorcerer Hybrid. Will begin to play with him in a new campaign. Don't know much about it yet, but am excited to see how he plays...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:22 pm 

Most of the D&D campaigns I have played in have ended because the GM moved away, I needed to drop out to GM to handle an influx of players, or the online game master ran out of steam.

I am currently game mastering 2 face-to-face games and 1 online game. In addition to running the game, I also play a character in each of the games.

In the face-to-face games I'm playing two slightly different versions of the same character, a tactical warlord. I have found a tactical warlord is an excellent character for a GM since I rarely have to roll dice for my own character. Instead I have someone else make the attack, boosting them to striker level damage. Although very knowledgeable of tactics, the character is simply too young to actually lead the group. Each version has a back story that I will be tying into later.

In the online game, where I have more time to play a complex character, I am playing a war forged Paladin of Kord from another era. Although incredibly old, he has very little actual experience and willingly follows the lead of anyone fighting the forces of evil. Which is especially fun is coming up with an archaic sounding speech pattern, based primarily on Elizabethan English. Unfortunately I'm not getting much response from the players anymore, so this campaign might be dead :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:24 pm 

Right now I have 2 characters going on.

Level 4 Deva Wizard (Houseruled as an Aasimar because I think Devas are dumb)
This is also the game that I am GMing, I usually end up playing a character in games I GM, but always as an indecisive character that makes no party decisions.

In a 3.5 game I'm in I am a level 5 Cloistered Cleric of Pelor who idolizes the Paladin of Pelor in the party.

Soon I will be a non descript human in a nWoD game, haven't decided on specifics yet.

I chose the Aasimar/Deva because we have a Tiefling in the party I want to feel superior too and bug him a lot about is infernal heritage. Wizard because our party was lacking a controller class, was an Invoker before but really did not enjoy that character or like the theme behind them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm 

BuzzardB wrote:
... because I think Devas are dumb...

second that.

My game is starting back up tonight (so excited) after a long hiatus due to babies being born and other various priority kind of stuff.

My character is Orin Skullcrusher, a 12th level Dwarven Fighter.
This is my first character, so I wanted something from the PHB...something simple. And I like the idea of defending and I prefer steel over magic, so a Fighter seemed the obvious choice. I have come to really enjoy playing a short feisty character who's first thought is to step into harms way for his crew.

I had another game with a Minotaur Warden, but two games was too much for my schedule to bear. He was a fun character though and I miss playing him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:07 pm 

Well, following that I can only say I'm playing.....

A Deva Cleric of Pelor healmachine. Our first session with these characters will be next Weds. It's a 6-person party with only one defender, and I suspect the defender won't be very good at holding multiple enemies, so I'm gonna have my work cut out for me. I expect it to be really fun though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:15 pm 

profligate wrote:
It's a 6-person party with only one defender, and I suspect the defender won't be very good at holding multiple enemies, so I'm gonna have my work cut out for me. I expect it to be really fun though.

Rule #1: Cardio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:36 pm 

Orin Skullcrusher wrote:
Rule #1: Cardio

Nice reference. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 am 

Meet; Aurora the Druid Sentinal of Spring(essentials)
She is a young Halfling standing 4' tall with seashells braided into her blonde hair to show her devotion to Melora.
Str 8
Con 16
Dex 13
Int 10
Wis 18
Cha 10
She has an animal companion named Bigby who is a wolf.
At-Will is Tending Strike
Encounter is Combined Attack
Daily is Vexing Overgrowth
she can also use Healing Word.
Feat is Disciple of Wild
Aurora is proficient with the scimitar which is her weapon of choice to dispatch anyone who would harm nature or her companions.