It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Post subject: Re: What are you currently playing?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 pm 

I have a 2nd lvl human fighter named Ulric, he's only a little dumb, but he is also very very quick to come to his friends defence.
My other character is a hafling cleric named Brodo, he is always on the verge of dieing for one reason or another, and is completely obsessed with a wooden spoon with no magical qualities, that he swears speaks to him, and tells him to throw it at Ulric whenever the chance arises

YamI-signing out

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:39 am 

Ars Magica, 4th edition, modern setting. Funnily enough, I'm a Mage. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:15 am 

1. My first ever character was a 3.5 Paladin. We had like... five sessions before we realized that we just didn't like each other at all. Not only did the campaign fail, but the "creative writing club" we had founded at a nearby community college also failed, because again (despite being somewhat like-minded) we simply did not like each other.

2. My second character was a Paladin in 2E (figured I'd try that once more.) I learned that I liked the group a lot, and they liked me, but NOBODY's character liked my paladin in-game! (Lawful Good...y two-shoes, anyone?)

3. My third character is a 2E Minotaur Lv 6/6 Psionic/Savage named Og Ur, who spent most of his life growing up in the forest, only to realize one day that he'd become very, very bored and quite lacking in companionship. He's proud, loud, stinky, and terrible with money (since he's barely begun to use it.) He's extremely agreeable and helpful to other people, but only for self-gain, when he thinks he is making powerful friends in high places. He is extremely vain and often hires bards to come along with him so that they will go into the world and sing songs of his great heroic exploits. He's not dumb in the least, but terribly, pathetically uncultured. He's currently learning: the value of different denominations of coin, to read common, to sleep under a roof, to build a house, and to use farming equipment to "help food grow" in a non-forest setting. Elves, who build their homes in the trees, have everything totally figured out as far as he's concerned. As a psionic, he has access to Clairsentient and Psychoportive disciplines, but his true forte is Psychometabolic, where he uses skills like "animal affinity," "chameleon power" and "graft weapon" to be the deadliest beast within arm's reach. Campaign ends sometime in August. Cry... :cry:

4. My first 4E character was Remira Firlorn, an Eladrin Archer Ranger with a Warlock Fey Pact multiclass, adopted daughter and deputized "death dealer" to The Raven Queen. Relatively new at her occupation, she had not yet achieved true awesomeness, but was good enough to begin training as leader of a small task force. (I still plan to use her and her raven task force as NPCs) Being that she's only a leader-in-training, she's constantly watched by Erevan Soveliss (a conceited, blonde, superior officer whose romantic forwardness is pathetically lame.) Picture Celine from Underworld, minus the guns and the teeth, with a longbow instead, and that's basically Remira in a nutshell. I even have Kate Beckingsale's Celine as the picture in my excel spreadsheet! She's a tactical genius, not afraid to get in hand-to-hand with her rapier, but (from my personal experience playing her) she's too bossy for anyone to like, and she's considered heartless for her unwillingness to revive deceased party members. (or let anyone else do the same in her presence)

5. My first attempt at DMing 4E brings back my 2E Paladin, Seth, now Lv 1. Also from 2E, my wife's fighter, reset to Lv 1 as well. It started as a play-test to get me used to running campaigns, but seems to have real potential now as its own story, and probably a fun marital past-time as well.

6? Wish me luck on DMing my first full-party campaign that starts in August! Not sure what NPC I'll be playing yet, but will probably update when the time comes.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:38 am 

My game is starting back up tonight (so excited) after a long hiatus due to babies being born and other various priority kind of stuff.