It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Post subject: Re: What are you currently playing?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:43 pm 

yyzKyle wrote:
Meet; Aurora the Druid Sentinal of Spring(essentials)
She is a young Halfling standing 4' tall with seashells braided into her blonde hair to show her devotion to Melora.

Interesting devotion as compared to my Warlord MC Rogue's devotion of drinking rum and sleeping with anything that caught his eye when coming to a new port...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 pm 

deek wrote:
yyzKyle wrote:
She is a young Halfling standing 4' tall with seashells braided into her blonde hair to show her devotion to Melora.

Interesting devotion as compared to my Warlord MC Rogue's devotion of drinking rum and sleeping with anything that caught his eye when coming to a new port...

One shows devotion with seashells...the other with crabs...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:26 pm 

I don't know if it's fair to say I'm currently playing anything, as every campaign my group begins finds its way into a permanent stasis.

Nevertheless, I've had the opportunity to play these two characters lately:
Paelias the Wise, a 3rd level Eladrin Mage (http://4etransmission.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/4et_char_Paelias.pdf), and
Klakta-Rho, a 1st level Thri-Keen Centered-Breath Monk with the Wilder Theme (Dark Sun campaign).
Str 13 Con 11 Dex 18 Int 8 Wis 18 Cha 10
A herder from the Tablelands, he has recently found himself enslaved and thrown into the gladiator rings of Nibenay. Skill-wise, he is a physical specimen, trained in Acro, Athl, Endr, and Perc; yet, due to his relatively passive demeanor, I chose his powers with the intent that his secondary role would be as a melee controller of sorts.
At-Will: Five Storms, Crane's Wings, Centered Flurry of Blows
Encounter: Drunken Monkey, Thri-Keen Claws (racial, multiple enemies), Psychic Surge (theme, just to give him a ranged attack)
Daily: Masterful Spiral
His feat is simple but useful, Unarmored Agility.

I've only played him in a few encounters so far, but I like him. He's fun yet squishy; should I have taken Toughness over UA? What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 pm 

Orin Skullcrusher wrote:
deek wrote:
yyzKyle wrote:

One shows devotion with seashells...the other with crabs...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 pm 

I'm currently playing a changeling vampire, named Ran Bladesinger. He was once an elf, transformed by a vampire sorcerer into a bloodthirsty shapeshifter.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:33 am 

Right now I'm playing two pre-Essentials characters for two Houseruled campaigns in a forum I frequently visit

Parn Valis - a level 2 human male virtuous paladin of Pelor, based on the character from the classic anime Record of Lodoss War. Bare-bones build, specializes in bastard swords, not your average paladin. Participating in houseruled version of the Keep of the Shadowfell - Orcus Conversion campaign. Currently mopping up in the cave battle against Irontooth and his kobold cohorts.

Mikal Stormheart - a level 5 human male storm warden. Basically your pull/slide/slow/immobilize/hammer-down kind of warden that creatures can't easily get away from. Participating in a houseruled version of the Thunderspire Labyrinth - Orcus Conversion campaign. Currently facing Brugg and his fiends in the bridge ambush.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:21 pm 

Welcome to the forum, Parn!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:48 am 

Currently I have two characters:

Giantslayer Karathon im'Parak, Veteran of the Burning Fist, Champion of Argent, Slayer of Titans - a level 15 githzerai monk MC avenger / radiant fist of Pelor who has a burning hatred for anything undead, is very pragmatic in his decisions and not above killing enemies who already yielded in order to protect innocent.

Leif Olafson -a 5th level goliath battlemind who's under the impression, that nothing can best him in battle and no challenge is too big. He's impatient, easy to storm ahead and rush into a group of foes - and should catastrophe strike and the party be defeated it was because others were not doing their best or the enemy just wasn't fighting fair!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 pm 

I am playing Darude (haven't thought of a first/last name yet that I liked). He is a Lvl 4 Windsoul/Sandsoul Genasi Artificer. Cool and collected, he tries to balanced his own waging spirit by balancing science and magic together and believes only through a balance can true peace be found. He keeps to himself mostly and claims to have been born purely a windsoul, not sure where the sand came from. He dislikes killing but he has no qualms with breaking rules if they impede him...For SCIENCE!

If anyone can think of a good secondary name (first or last) feel free to suggest, I've just been stuck without thinking of normal typed names.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 pm 

Darude Haboob.

I'm sorry, I could not resist - it is, after all, a perfectly good Arabic word for "strong wind"...