It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Post subject: Pro Tips with PbFarmer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:53 pm 

Hey everyone, seeing a lot of new faces to the boards and posts about questions with regards to all sorts of aspects to D&D. While I'm sure many of you are capable, and there are certainly a plethora of questions, I thought it might be fun to create a topic source where you new guys could ask questions to create strong combinations both as individual players and as parties when it comes to battle.

That's right, let's talk optimization! I personal favorite topic of mine, I enjoy min-maxing the heck out of my guys while still maintaining a role in the party where I achieve the best possible results.

So just offering, if people (new or old) are interested in any good combinations, suggestions, or just maybe general newbie character creation questions with regards to classes or otherwise, feel free to post here!

Also if I miss anything someone sees, I am more than welcoming to people chiming in! I'm a self-proclaimed expert but I'm still only human.

Post subject: Re: Pro Tips with PbFarmer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:11 pm 

Character optimization seems better suited for the Character Development sub-forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:25 pm 

True story actually - Any way for me (or a moderator) to move this thread or should I just drop it and restart it in that forum?

EDIT: Thanks! It has been moved like Magic.

Last edited by PbFarmer on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:21 pm 

Eladrin Racial Power

With a step, you vanish in one place and appear in another.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:03 pm 

Emily Dickinson wrote:
Eladrin Racial Power

With a step, you vanish in one place and appear in another.

So the power in question is Fey Step, an encounter based Teleportation power that is pretty monstrous with some great feat and item support.

I think it'd be best to rank in seperate areas, where we're looking for either Damage, Mobility, Defense, or Support for the team;

For Damage:
    Eladrin Swordmage Advance - Allows you to make a melee basic immediately following a use of fey step. It pre-req's a swordmage class, however the uses are better if you multiclass to Swordmage, and take a class that is more melee basic friendly, such as a Bladesinger.
Mobility:
    Fey Charge - Allows you to teleport a distance of 5 squares during a charge and if you hit, not expend your Fey Step. Amazingly great mobility for any charger build that also allows you to avoid any potential OAs
    Fey Death - An Immediate Reaction use of your Fey Step after a kill, sets you up perfectly in terms of mobility to be right up in someone elses grill. Combine this with Eladrin Swordmage Advance and/or an Action point you and you could be pulling off 3 attacks in a single round as a result.
Defenses:
    Feywild Protection - +2 To all defenses until end of your next turn after using Fey Step? No reason not to ever.

A great mobility and support based combination I should mention is Fey Tactics, Fey Step Trailblazer, Planar Blurring, and Walk Among the Fey. Basically allows you to thrust you and your entire party into battle almost immediately, wherever you like, or completely refocus your efforts somewhere.

There are many potential combinations. If you're thinking of something in particular more-so, let me know and I can try to give better breadth on the topic.