It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Post subject: Level 10 highest DPR build?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 am 

I'm trying to build a character that would have the highest DPR at level 10. I know that Strikers typically have the highest DPR; but which striker build would have the highest DPR at level 10?

I'm kind of looking for ideas of a character to play.

Thanks for the input

Post subject: Re: Level 10 highest DPR build?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 am 

This is certainly not a definitive answer, but here's a start -

A Tiefling Sorceror Fire Elementalist Firecrafter - she's almost useless against anything with strong Fire Resistance, but other than that, she's pretty effective - Elemental Bolt has +13 to Attack with an Accurate Staff, does d12 (base damage) + d6 (Fire Elementalist) +10 (CON+CHA) +2 (Elementalist Level 5 bonus) +1 (Implement Focus Staff) +1 (Hellfire Blood), and an additional d10 damage three times per Encounter with Elemental Escalation. Almost as good is Ignition - d10 base instead of d12 + d6, but it's an area burst with a lingering effect.

Also: An Elven Ranger Archer using 100% Player's Handbook 1 material - Twin Strike with Longbow has +13 to Attack, d10 +1 (bow Focus) damage, and d8 Hunter's Quarry to either hit, causing about 17 DPR if we assume a 50% hit rate. I suspect the Sorceror still has the edge, but mainly because she's attacking Reflex and has given up normal Encounter and Daily Powers in favour of beefing up the At-Wills.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 am 

Thanks Emily, I was looking at the Fire Elementalist, but not the Tiefling version

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:42 pm 

I forgot where I was reading it (its been a while) but there was some sort of rogue type that could get a couple feats and a frost weapons. I seem to remember one hit made the enemy vulnerable to the frost attack and the weapon enhanced that or something.

I think the key is, don't forget to look at some of the weapons effects to find synergies with your class powers and feats.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:54 am 

You can use the Divine Challenge on your next turn if the mark fades, there is no qualm with that whatsoever. The mark stops if you mark someone again, or if you don't engage the target (by either attacking them or at least being adjacent). If you end your turn doing none of these things (say in a defensive round or something where you have to second wind, so you escape and heal up), then your mark is over, but you CAN mark again on your next turn, no issue.

Last edited by Khime on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Removed spam URL