It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Post subject: Re: Glory days
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am 

'84 those sheets you are using for your powers, are they just available on the net or are they a special thing your friend made, because they sound like they would be very useful for my group since most of them don't bother to get their hands on source books.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm 

Randraugir wrote:
tinkin wrote:
Could I suggest you play at least a few levels worth of the Rules-As-Written before you make too many changes?

No, I'm a DM and rule tweaking/changing is my nature. Rules are more like guidelines anyway. I have been changing/adding rules for as long as I play games starting with goose board.
I wonder if there's a term for that - someone who does rules changes/tweaks without even first trying them out to see to see if they're actually needed. Kinda like an autocondimentor, except for rules instead of salt.

I will often hit Submit and then think of something more to say, or a better way to say it. So don't be surprised if a post I made 5 minutes ago isn't the same as the one you think you're replying to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:27 pm 

Have to try at least once or one does not know what to change :D
Cant help it it just who I am, don't hold it against me.

Chi pecora si fa, il lupo mangia.

Wishes are premonitions of things you are capable or realizing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 pm 

Randraugir - There's certainly nothing inherently wrong with changing the rules as much as you see fit. tinkin's suggestion, for the record, was directed at '84.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 am 

zeek13579 wrote:
'84 those sheets you are using for your powers, are they just available on the net or are they a special thing your friend made, because they sound like they would be very useful for my group since most of them don't bother to get their hands on source books.

I'm pretty sure he found them online somewhere. But all I got is the hard copies and I duplicated those at Office Max, so unfortunately I couldn't tell you where they actually are online.

If you do find it though, it will be six pages long. The first three pages are shaded blue boxes and include a character sheet with stats, equipment sheet (with visual diagram of where equipment is worn on the body), and Powers/Rituals index. The last three pages are an at-will sheet with green headings, an encounter sheet with red, and a Daily sheet with deep gray. Hope that helps...

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 am 

Open Grave has a ritual called Corpse Light; "A sickly green flame springs forth, washing the area in nauseating light. In its illumination, those that walk in undeath are revealed beyond a doubt."