It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 am





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 263  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:14 pm
Posts: 91
it probably assumes that you are always using one of your at will powers, which use dex. really there is no reason why you shouldn't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:18 am
Posts: 169
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
It would be nice to have the basic attack stats for the OAs, tho. I like to know quick what I am adding, since math slows down a game. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 178
Witness wrote:
This is a great spreadsheet, really appreciate all the work! :D

I was wondering though. When I input all of my rogue's stats it comes up with my dagger melee attacks being +9: +1 half lvl, +4 abil, +1 class and +3 prof. It's using my dexterity modifier (+4) as the bonus to melee attack rolls. Am I missing a rule somewhere or should that be using the str modifier?

Thanks!


Hi Witness,
Tharinock is correct. Rogue's would almost never use a basic attack. With all the character's classes I tried to use that class's primary attack power's stat. In the case of the Paladin, I listed both STR and CHA because they use them both.
Ron


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 178
Groovis wrote:
It would be nice to have the basic attack stats for the OAs, tho. I like to know quick what I am adding, since math slows down a game. :D


Hi Groovis,
I'm assuming an OA is an Offensive Attack.
I'm planning on something pretty cool for the BASIC ATTACKS block on the first page. For each of the available 4 spots, I'm going to have a drop down list of your currently owned powers. In the Attack box will be a number that you will have to roll against the listed Defense. Next it will list the power's name and damage dice with modifiers.
So if you want to quickly know what one of your OA powers needs to hit and damage, you would just do quick drop down selection on one of your Basic Attack spots.
Ron


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 pm
Posts: 5
Crysun wrote:
Witness wrote:
This is a great spreadsheet, really appreciate all the work! :D

I was wondering though. When I input all of my rogue's stats it comes up with my dagger melee attacks being +9: +1 half lvl, +4 abil, +1 class and +3 prof. It's using my dexterity modifier (+4) as the bonus to melee attack rolls. Am I missing a rule somewhere or should that be using the str modifier?

Thanks!


Hi Witness,
Tharinock is correct. Rogue's would almost never use a basic attack. With all the character's classes I tried to use that class's primary attack power's stat. In the case of the Paladin, I listed both STR and CHA because they use them both.
Ron


Ya that definitely makes sense. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:05 pm
Posts: 128
Crysum,
I think it would be a good idea if you allowed for die rolls and arrays in your excel spreadsheet for the stats.

My DM is going to allow us to roll 4d6 dropping the lowest 1 and adding the remaining 3.

Currently I rolled 12, 12, 15, 15, 16, 18 and when putting them into your sheet, I have -23 in green.

Is it possible to create a second sheet that allows for the free typing of stats but everything else is the same?

Just a thought and I do appreciate your sheet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 178
cnorman wrote:
Crysum,
I think it would be a good idea if you allowed for die rolls and arrays in your excel spreadsheet for the stats.

My DM is going to allow us to roll 4d6 dropping the lowest 1 and adding the remaining 3.

Currently I rolled 12, 12, 15, 15, 16, 18 and when putting them into your sheet, I have -23 in green.

Is it possible to create a second sheet that allows for the free typing of stats but everything else is the same?

Just a thought and I do appreciate your sheet.


I'm thinking about doing a macro version later on that will add some functionality. I should be able to do die rolling.
Ron


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:05 pm
Posts: 128
That sounds cool.

Can't wait to see how it comes out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:30 am
Posts: 28
For some reason it does not seem that Armor Proficiency is under feats. Was that on purpose or am I missing something?
Nevermind I must have went retarded or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:58 pm
Posts: 993
Out of curiosity, is there a programming/efficiency reason why you have some formulas that look like this:

=IF(Race="DragonBorn", 2, IF(Race="Half-Elf", 2, IF(Race="Halfling", 2, IF(Race="Tiefling", 2, 0))))

Instead of this?

=IF(OR(Race="DragonBorn", Race="Half-Elf", Race="Halfling", Race="Tiefling"),2,0)

I'm kludging in the Warforged until it's officially added, and my curiosity at seeing those prompted me to ask.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 263  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
D&D 4th edition product