It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 263  Next
 Post subject: Re: Excel Spreadsheet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:40 pm 

it probably assumes that you are always using one of your at will powers, which use dex. really there is no reason why you shouldn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 pm 

It would be nice to have the basic attack stats for the OAs, tho. I like to know quick what I am adding, since math slows down a game. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm 

Witness wrote:
This is a great spreadsheet, really appreciate all the work! :D

I was wondering though. When I input all of my rogue's stats it comes up with my dagger melee attacks being +9: +1 half lvl, +4 abil, +1 class and +3 prof. It's using my dexterity modifier (+4) as the bonus to melee attack rolls. Am I missing a rule somewhere or should that be using the str modifier?

Thanks!

Hi Witness,
Tharinock is correct. Rogue's would almost never use a basic attack. With all the character's classes I tried to use that class's primary attack power's stat. In the case of the Paladin, I listed both STR and CHA because they use them both.
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:57 pm 

Groovis wrote:
It would be nice to have the basic attack stats for the OAs, tho. I like to know quick what I am adding, since math slows down a game. :D

Hi Groovis,
I'm assuming an OA is an Offensive Attack.
I'm planning on something pretty cool for the BASIC ATTACKS block on the first page. For each of the available 4 spots, I'm going to have a drop down list of your currently owned powers. In the Attack box will be a number that you will have to roll against the listed Defense. Next it will list the power's name and damage dice with modifiers.
So if you want to quickly know what one of your OA powers needs to hit and damage, you would just do quick drop down selection on one of your Basic Attack spots.
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:59 pm 

Crysun wrote:
Witness wrote:
This is a great spreadsheet, really appreciate all the work! :D

I was wondering though. When I input all of my rogue's stats it comes up with my dagger melee attacks being +9: +1 half lvl, +4 abil, +1 class and +3 prof. It's using my dexterity modifier (+4) as the bonus to melee attack rolls. Am I missing a rule somewhere or should that be using the str modifier?

Thanks!

Hi Witness,
Tharinock is correct. Rogue's would almost never use a basic attack. With all the character's classes I tried to use that class's primary attack power's stat. In the case of the Paladin, I listed both STR and CHA because they use them both.
Ron

Ya that definitely makes sense. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:00 am 

Crysum,
I think it would be a good idea if you allowed for die rolls and arrays in your excel spreadsheet for the stats.

My DM is going to allow us to roll 4d6 dropping the lowest 1 and adding the remaining 3.

Currently I rolled 12, 12, 15, 15, 16, 18 and when putting them into your sheet, I have -23 in green.

Is it possible to create a second sheet that allows for the free typing of stats but everything else is the same?

Just a thought and I do appreciate your sheet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 pm 

cnorman wrote:
Crysum,
I think it would be a good idea if you allowed for die rolls and arrays in your excel spreadsheet for the stats.

My DM is going to allow us to roll 4d6 dropping the lowest 1 and adding the remaining 3.

Currently I rolled 12, 12, 15, 15, 16, 18 and when putting them into your sheet, I have -23 in green.

Is it possible to create a second sheet that allows for the free typing of stats but everything else is the same?

Just a thought and I do appreciate your sheet.

I'm thinking about doing a macro version later on that will add some functionality. I should be able to do die rolling.
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:00 pm 

That sounds cool.

Can't wait to see how it comes out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:26 pm 

For some reason it does not seem that Armor Proficiency is under feats. Was that on purpose or am I missing something?
Nevermind I must have went retarded or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:09 pm 

Out of curiosity, is there a programming/efficiency reason why you have some formulas that look like this:

=IF(Race="DragonBorn", 2, IF(Race="Half-Elf", 2, IF(Race="Halfling", 2, IF(Race="Tiefling", 2, 0))))

Instead of this?

=IF(OR(Race="DragonBorn", Race="Half-Elf", Race="Halfling", Race="Tiefling"),2,0)

I'm kludging in the Warforged until it's officially added, and my curiosity at seeing those prompted me to ask.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 263  Next