It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Post subject: Re: 4eTurnTracker: D&D 4e encounter management made easy...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:31 pm 

Hi all on this thread!

I have just released a new version of 4eTurnTracker. The most important change in this version is the addition of a "Monster Manager" Window.

The Monster Manager Window is used to create Monsters and Encounters. Monsters can be created by copying and pasting a Monster Stat Block from the Compendium, Adventure Tools or some other source. Encounters can be built easily with a few clicks, but try it out yourself: http://4eturntracker.com/download.html

With the permission of Fiery Dragons Productions I am shipping a set of counters for use as Portrait images along with the other sample Data included with the program.

The counter collection, called "Castle of Shadows" (free PDF), includes all the counters you need for the adventure: Keep on the Shadowfell by WotC.

Pretty cool: use the same images on the board, and in the program! 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:27 am 

Excellent news Jabber!

I will download and work with it this evening (in about 5 hours) as I have two sessions this weekend that I plan on getting the first testing of it on my two groups.

I will report back with any and all findings, bugs and other comments!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 pm 

Jabber, I used the app for two different campaigns over the weekend, and that is where a coupld issues popped up.

1 - Save Session - would be nice to save the current party resources (hp remaining, hs used, and ap) instead of depending on the history file. I ended up backing up the history file of the one session into another directory so I could "save it" and start the other campaign from scratch. Having to move history files around seems inelegant and prone to error.

This brings up:

2 - Restoring Session - this is more a bug in the current app than a feature request... When I closed down the app at the end of the night and opened it the next day, the history loaded, the character names displayed, but they were listed as "missing" with 0's across the board... so all the info on remaining hp/hs was lost (the party is between encounters and not ready for an extended yet, so the loss of this info is a hard pill to swallow).

Other than that, it went smoothly enough (though the data entry is slowing me down a tad the tracking of all that info is brilliant). Looking through the list of feature requests/TO DO list on your site I think it covers anything I might have to add beyond the above.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:03 am 

Hi reddz,

Adding "Save Session" is good idea.

The solution at the moment is to create a second "4eTurnTracker Data" folder. This folder can have any name you like, and is best done by duplicating the current "4eTurnTracker Data" folder. You can switch from one folder to the other using "Select Data Location..." from the "File" menu.

Of course, this could mean duplicating some of the information, especially if both Campaigns use the same Monsters.

With regard to the "Restoring Session" bug you mentioned:

Characters should only be displayed as "Missing" if you loaded a history.log that referenced Characters that are not in the "4eTurnTracker Data/Characters" folder.

Could this have been the case?

If not, then this is indeed a bug, and it would be great if you could let me know how to repeat the error. For this purpose please use the Contact form on the 4eturntracker.com web-site.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:08 pm 

Hi All!

I have just released 4eTurnTracker 1.0.04 Beta. This version has some great new features, including:

• A Character Creator window for creating and editing PCs
  • Import of character data from .dnd4e files
  • Significant improvements to the Monster Manager window

I have also fixed some bugs, including a bug which prevented reading the History file after an Extended Rest. Check out the release notes (under Documentation) for details.

You can follow me on Twitter (link on web-site) for quick updates on new releases, bug reports, etc.

And, if you have a comment, feature request, or a bug report, then post it on this thread, or contact me directly, using the contact form on 4eturntracker.com.

:D Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 pm 

4eTurnTracker 1.0.05 is now available. This version adds significantly to the player's experience with the program :cool:

You can read more about the new version here: 4eTurnTracker 1.0.05 adds cool Player's Window widgets! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:48 am 

Hi All,

The latest version of 4eTurnTracker displays complete monster Stat Blocks. Now you can have all the information on screen that you need to run an encounter.

The program imports Stat Block data from any source, all you need to do is copy and paste the text of a Stat Block when you create a monster.

So if you have not done so yet, check it out! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:29 am 

I have just released 4eTurnTracker 1.5.01!

This version has a bunch of new features. So, if you haven't tried it yet, then now is a good time! :mrgreen:

Read all about it in the latest announcement: 4eTurnTracker 1.5.01 tracks Monster Power Usage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 am 

Wow let me just say this looks like a very impressive and expansive tool! I just forwarded it to some members of my usual crew in order to start taking advantage of it in our next game. I'll definitely let you know how it goes, but thanks for all this effort, it seems like it will really alleviate errors made during combat and even quicken the pace!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 am 

Hi PbFarmer,

PbFarmer wrote:
I'll definitely let you know how it goes, but thanks for all this effort, it seems like it will really alleviate errors made during combat and even quicken the pace!

I hope so! And I am open to any ideas you may have to make it even faster...

I am following 4eTurnTracker 1.5.01 up with a quick update, you can read about it here: Update 1.5.02 handles Healing Surges better.

The new version will allow you to easily handle situations like: drinking a healing potion, or the Cleric heals a bunch of characters.

The update also fixes a few minor bugs. :P