It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Errata
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 pm 

Fresh new Errata available!

glancing through it, the errata needs an errata - it says May 6th, not 4th ;)

Looks like Surgeless Healing got dropped back to the small/rare category with changes to Healer's Lore and similar features.

Damage auras got a nice boost - possibly too much in my opinion but I'll reserve full judgement till I see it in use.

Feycharge got whacked upside the head - a good rebalancing of the now infamous Feycharger builds floating about - a roommate has one, I told him I wouldn't DM a campaign with it - now I can!.

Daggermaster revamped to Rogue only crit range

Infernal Wrath - overall a good update i think - autohit close burst 10 smallish damage.

couple new rule details on Aid Other and jumping etc - overall good but really should've been shown earlier in my opinion.

the promise of an upcoming rule compendium is nice as well...

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:42 pm 

The update to infernal wrath is kind of dissapointing.. Now it's just another damaging power.. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it before..

The errata to Healer's Lore was uneeded I think. It was a nice bit of overkill healing for pacifists, and the healing was overkill anyway (the extra was often beyond the targets max HP anyway).

The changes to quickcurse rod suck :P (only because I had a warlock who abused the old version ;))

Nice to see Feycharge fixed without them exploding my Arcane Slasher

And now I have to read up on all of those skill description things..

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:43 pm 

Candi wrote:
The update to infernal wrath is kind of dissapointing.. Now it's just another damaging power.. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it before.

The burst part confuses me, or I'm overcomplicating it. Is that just so it can be used on ranged attackers?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:05 pm 

Yea.

It's just like the healing powers leaders get - because by RAW the only way you can have a power with a range that doesn't provoke when you use it is through Close Bursts of ridiculous size (because Ranged provokes).

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:35 pm 

the consequence is that the Close makes it more threatening for Swarms as well as they are vulnerable to Close and Area attacks.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:06 pm 

They completely ruined my Ranger with their changes to Throw and Stab (2 targets not a big deal, but it's no longer a charge throws a big muck into it), and the Pitfighter getting the Daggermaster treatment (powers only work for fighter abilities). Makes me really sad.

I liked the Aid Another addition they gave, and most of the other stuff seems pretty standard of them to align with their current wording/outlook.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:36 pm 

New Errata is out!

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/updates

Clerics powers Bless, Shield of Faith, and Purify are all minor actions now instead of standard.

Magic Missile is auto-hit now!

You can only attack as a 'free action' once per turn now; no more infinitely recursive attacks triggered by other attacks triggers by another attack.

Buncha other stuff.

I will often hit Submit and then think of something more to say, or a better way to say it. So don't be surprised if a post I made 5 minutes ago isn't the same as the one you think you're replying to.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:57 pm 

A couple items reduced the potency of an Astral Seal's surgeless healing. I cleric in my game abuses the hell out of Astral Seal so this will be a small step to balancing it a little more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:03 pm 

"This update prevents a character from teleporting the target to a distant location, such as a mountain top." I don't encourage such shenanigans in my game, but it always amuses me when the designers have to address this kind of creative thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:24 am 

I'm a fan of the Autohit Magic missle - moderate damage and low on effects, but range 20 autohit ranged basic...

Lazy Warlord: "I dont want to roll. Wizard, shoot that Roc"
Lazy Wizard: "I dont want to roll. Magic missle"
DM: "The Roc attempts to do a barrel roll and fails, your magic missle kills it"
Warlord and Wizard: "Shoudn't have rolled. It would've lived longer"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next