It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:07 am

Post subject: Help with Pre-Generated PC's
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 am 

Ok, it's maybe a bit much to ask, but here goes.

In November I will be running a module at a local game fair. The only thing missing is the PC's. What I would like to ask is, who wouldn't mind providing sheets for 6 characters?

You can do pretty much anything you like with the following guidelines:

1) Please only use options from PHB 1, 2 and 3 and the Player's Options books (but not Heroes of Shadow) and items from AV 1 and 2 (no set items, no mastercraft armour!) No Red Box or Essentials please as I do not have those.

2) Use a starting characteristic array of 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10.

3) Level 12! So that includes a Paragon Path and three magic items of levels 11, 12 and 13 (or lower) plus some consumables and reasonable adventuring gear.

4) Provide an appropriate name and if you can please fill in the personality traits, mannerisms and appearance sections too!

5) I'd like to have a party consisting of two Defenders, two Strikers, a Controller and a Leader. I would prefer a Cleric for the leader and no other Divine, but I am not completely against a Paladin. A variety of races would be good, but I'd like at least two of them to be human.

6) This is not a min-max exercise. The idea is to have a functional one-off party.

If you would like to help, please reply with race/class/concept you would like to do ASAP so we can avoid duplication and try to have some coherency in the party.

Thank you very much in advance!

Post subject: Re: Help with Pre-Generated PC's
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:42 pm 

How would you feel about a lvl 12 Blight Beast Druid?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:25 pm 

How would you feel about a level 12 Human Hybrid Artificer/Warlord. But to be honest it's completely min-max'ed out so maybe not...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 pm 

I'm always ready to build a whole a party at the drop of a hat, so there won't be much you can do to stop me. Here's what I've got so far -

Ford - Half-Elf Speed of Thought Battlemind (Unbound Nomad). Flavour: Half Eladrin Soldier, Half Human Sorceror, Ford does not use the words Psionic or psychic, and considers his (to his knowledge) unique abilities to a consequence of his Half-Breed heritage. He is alienated from both the Feywild and the Natural world, and is willing to lay down his life for his allies or for the cause of righteousness mainly because he sees no other way.

Salvage - Human Brawler Fighter (Kensei). Flavour: Salvage is disciplined, practical, and pragmatic. She does not trust magic, gods, or luck, and considers it her path to protect her allies primarily from themselves. Her weapon is a Triple-Headed-Flail, which I interpret as a three section staff or nunchaku, which helps to explain how she is able to grab and knock prone giants and dragons. She would also work very well as a Half-Orc.

Memory - Dwarf Marauder Ranger (Firstborn of Moradin). Flavour: A hard-drinking, hot-tempered soldier in scale armour with an axe in one hand, a hammer in the other, and a strong desire never to be out under the open sky.

The last three are a Human Wild Sorceror, a Human Pacifist Cleric of Avandra (both of whom are, for different reasons, devoted to the idea of just doing whatever and trusting to luck), and a Gnome Telepath Psion (Dreamwalker) with a somewhat unearthly manner and an irritating habit of knowing more about Arcana than the Sorceror and more about Religion than the Cleric...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:09 pm 

@Emily: Oh, that is awesome. However, I could do without two psionisists (sp?). Perhaps something else for the Gnome. Maybe go Gnome Illusionist (a classic 1st ed choice).

@PbFarmer: Yeah, perhaps not.

@schwinnja: Not sure about the "blight" part, but could be a sub-in for the Gnome from Emily's suggestions.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 am 

Laughs (pronounced "Laws", like daughter or naughty) - Gnome Orb of Deception Wizard (Unseen Mage) - Constantly telling stories, joking, and laughing a big booming laugh. Acts like he's at a party and in no danger whatsoever, even in the middle of the fiercest combat, but still manages to be in the back and/or invisible most of the time. Probably using the rest of the party as part of a grand scheme to gain possesion of some artifact of ultimate power, but a trustworthy ally in the meantime. Best played with a Russian or English accent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:08 pm 

The blightbeast is a great flavor filled paragon path for druids, possibly the best in my opinion (in terms of flavor).

Kern is a razorclaw shifter druid, raised to love and respect nature, he ventures to see and experience exciting things. He's never had friends or anything like that before, so to him the party is more than just a group of people. He understands on a basic level that life and death are different sides of the same coin. He has embraced death and become a blightbeast, fighting for nature.