It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

What are your 4 most desired 4th edition books?
Keep on the Shadowfell 0%  0%  [ 2 ]
Player’s Handbook 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
Dungeon Master’s Guide 4%  4%  [ 31 ]
Monster Manual 5%  5%  [ 36 ]
Eberron Campaign Guide 1%  1%  [ 11 ]
Thunderspire Labyrinth D&D 0%  0%  [ 2 ]
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide 1%  1%  [ 10 ]
Pyramid of Shadows 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
Scepter Tower of Spellgard 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Adventurer’s Vault 5%  5%  [ 35 ]
Forgotten Realms Player’s Guide 3%  3%  [ 20 ]
King of the Trollhaunt Warrens 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D&D Roleplaying Game Starter Set 0%  0%  [ 4 ]
Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons 0%  0%  [ 4 ]
Martial Power 5%  5%  [ 34 ]
Demon Queen’s Enclave 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Manual of the Planes 1%  1%  [ 7 ]
Open Grave: Secrets of the Undead 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
Dungeon Delve 3%  3%  [ 19 ]
Players Handbook II 19%  19%  [ 125 ]
Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Death's Reach 1%  1%  [ 8 ]
Arcane Power 13%  13%  [ 88 ]
Monster Manual II 8%  8%  [ 55 ]
Divine Power 10%  10%  [ 66 ]
Total votes : 633
 Post subject: 4 most desired 4th edition books
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

What are your 4 favorite 4th edition books? Which books can you not live without when playing 4th edition? Or, if you don't have them, which 4 books do you want?

Post subject: Re: 4 most desired 4th edition books
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:20 pm 

MM1 and MM2: I love these because of the sheer depth of options I have to throw at my players. The artwork is beautiful and worth showing my players when they encounter something new. I figure MM2 can only add to the wealth of options!

Adventurer's Vault: I like rewarding my players with fun toys, and this book has it all.

Dungeon Delve: Because there's nothing handier for the DM on the go.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 pm 

The 4 books I most desire in the 4th edition are the Adventurer’s Vault, Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons, Players Handbook II, and Monster Manual II. I chose these books because as my most desired because I am very new to the world of D&D.

What I have been reading regarding these 4 books on other blogs sites and news posts, I feel they would help me think out side of the box. They would be a useful tool in my arsenal to help me understand better what one is really capable of doing inside a Dungeons & Dragons game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:56 pm 

I play a Drow rogue in my household's 4th ed campaign, so naturally the books I reference most often are my favorites: Forgotten Realms Players Guide for Drow stuff, PHB and Martial Power book for general rogue stuff, and the Adventurer's Vault for excellent loot. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:00 pm 

Arcane Power, PHB II and the Vault.

The Vault was perfect because it added a ton of variety to the game table gear wise. and PHB II and Arcane Power because I'm a mage-a-holic and the Sorcerer is exactly my kind of mage!

Can't-wait.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:02 pm 

Two Books I love,

PHB and the MM. Pretty bog standard for the fact that without them playing 4e would be pretty tough :P , but despite that the new ideas and class options within the PHB really caught my imagination more than the 3.5 Playerhand book and its explination of the rules (thought at times may be a little tough) is a lot easy going compared to previous editions.

MM, despite not being a DM I've looked through the book for pure "whats on the other side of the screen" curiosity and I must admit, much liek Gameray, the options available for encounters; the description, images and fluff surrounding the MM was a pretty enjoyable read on it's own; without having to kill the beasts.

Two book I'm looking forward to,

Divine power and PHB 2. I've recently started playing a cleric in one campaign and after seeing the Martial power book (which was pretty close to being added to this list) I'm pretty hopeful that much of the same can be captured within the Divine power giving a more indepth look at the Divine classes along with a large range of abilities and options for making the character something that I want it to be much more than the PHB.

The same really goes for the PHB 2, some of the races and classes proposed look very read worthy and the addition of these into any game is really going to make the first step to expanding what is already around and making DnD 4e a much more diverse game for the core choices a character has to make; Race and Class. Rather than expanding on the basic options already available.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:06 pm 

I think that PHB, DM, Monster Manual and Forgotten Campaign are everything that someone who want to play a real adventure in D&D 4th edition need. You have the rules, tips to how condute your game, the challenges and the best D&D campaign ever. All the others are real nice, but I couldn't live without these books.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 pm 

FR campaign setting: I really like FR, there isn't much to tell besides that (I have this one).

PHB2: I miss all those races and classes from 3e. that didn't make to PHB1. I miss Barbarians and Bards...

Arcane and Divine Power: I really enjoyed Martial Power, I wan't to see how they'll push these archetypes with new stuff, like they did to Fighters and Rangers in MP...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:41 pm 

Ugh!

Only 5 choices? (and they changed since I first voted).

Man, I definitely need at least 5 for the 2 PHB's and 3 "power" books.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:15 pm 

The adventurers vault was an obvious choice since the equipment that a character has impacts how effective he is with the chosen role within the group. This can give you a guide to what items are out there that can improve current skills or help with skills that you are lacking in.
When looking at the PHBII and MMII I am looking forward to any increase in classes available to players. This always adds depth to the game to be able to have various roles and skill sets within the group. The ability to increase the variety of monsters that a player encounters also helps to improve the variety within the game.
Finally the Arcane was a personal choice because I have always enjoyed the magic user and how he impacts the game. I was a little disappointed in the variety that was offered to magic users with the PHB and so I am looking forward to some expansion of that role within the group.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next