It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Post subject: Re: Player Statistics
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:26 pm 

I am going off the two campaigns I play in, one short lived campaign I ran for about a month, and my new campaign that started last week.

Halflings: 3
Elves: 2
Eladrin: 1
Tiefling: 2
Human: 2
Half-Orc: 1
Dwarf: 2
Goliath: 1
Genasi (fire):1
Longtooth Shifter: 1
Gnome:1
Changeling: 1

Rogue: 4
Warlock: 1
Wizard: 1
Warlord: 1
Barbarian: 2
Swordmage: 1
Cleric: 3
Warden: 1
Sorceror: 1
Bard: 1
Ranger: 1
Avenger:1

Characters knocked out (0 HP): 4
Character deaths: 0 (one came really close)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:25 pm 

I would share, but as I have no idea what my game has played(we do a lot of one offs then throw the sheets away) I can't tabulate quite like you have. However one of my favorite one offs was one where our DM forbid anything that was stereotypical. For that campaign we had:

Kobold Fighter who used a craghammer(me)
Bugbear Warlock who used a rapier
Minotaur Wizard
Drow Paladin of Pelor
Dwarf artful dodger rogue who used shurikens

I highly recommend doing a nonstereotypical one off to everybody. In our longer campaigns, our DM usually gives us a half level xp if we do something off the wall, or a class that doesn't share a main ability score with our race, such as the Minotaur Wizard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:47 pm 

tygrlee24 wrote:
Dwarf artful dodger rogue who used shurikens

Oh man I just had the funniest image of a dwarf jumping around pop into my head. He was still wearing heavy armor and had a battle axe though. Apparantly I can not get the stereotypical dwarf out of my imagination.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:44 pm 

I like to encourage people to play outside of their stereotype but never have found a good way to handle it. we have too many power gamers who insist a race is neigh worthless if both bonuses dont fall i nthe primary/secondary or occassionally tertiary roles.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 am 

What about grab bag characters?

It is a game where all player pick a random character made by the DM. I DM make the important part of the character's back ground, race and class. Power can be pick by the player.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 am 

Well chalk up 4 more deaths :)

The DM threw an arguably unfair combat at us and we ended up dying, heh guess i should be more careful about what i wish for.

For those curious Session went as so:

Level 11 - Avenger, Paladin, Wizard, Psion vs Vampire Muse and 2 wraiths (uncertain what type) - note we should've had a wrathful invoker and another wizard but they were both out of town

after the fight we are informed we cannot rest, but we get the hp and hs as if we had spent an extended rest
We skip a skill challenge (due to not recognizing it as important) which would have allowed us to rest

run across 4 skull lords, 4 ghoul minions, 25 minions all of which are finishing a ritual. upon entering the ritual completes, 2 oblivion wraiths appear and each kills a minion

throughout the fight we killed off the ghoul minions 3-4 times, 5 oblivion wraiths (due to their spawning) all the cultist minions and 1 skull lord

It was actualy a 3ish way fight, us vs wraiths and cultists, cultists vs us, and wraiths vs both.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 am 

had we not killed off all the minions in 1 round (yay fireball!) we would've faced near 29 oblivion wraiths (25 cultists and 4 ghoul) ... in this case 0 chance of survival.

as it was, we knew we were going to die and the DM offered to pull a punch and not raise wraiths 5 and 6, but at that point everyone was bloodied, no healing available (Paladin went Ardent Vow) so we went out with a blaze of glory and explained to the DM that the 30k XP fight it potentially would've evolved into was inappropriate for a level 11 party.