It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Post subject: Forum rules
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 pm 

...haven't been an issue, because we have been, and remain, such a swell little crowd. Hooray for us! The spam that shows up has been pretty self-evident and should become even less of a problem from now on. So far, the occasional deletion of these vermin has been the only thing separating those of us in the green from everyone else.

I recently requested that some content be taken down, and it went (like everything else around here) almost comically well - politeness, promptness, no misunderstandings or hurt feelings - it's like the Stepford Forum here. That got me to thinking - if I were drunk with petty administrative power, wouldn't my ability to sense how far off the path of righteousness I had strayed be among the first things to go? So I start this thread, to leave wide open in the hands of us all what is and is not cool around here. I have my own preferences and opinions, but I really hope and trust that this forum will continue to be as self-run and self-regulated as it always has been. If you really feel a need to talk to someone in charge, Skibybadoowop remains the final arbiter, but this thread might be a good place to just raise issues or suggestions in which all voices continue to be equal.

Post subject: Re: Forum rules
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 am 
Site Admin

Aside from spam removal, I have tried to apply a hands off approach to discussions and let the community as a whole dictate what and how they want to post about DND subjects.

So far no official rules have been posted because I think people "get it" and will use their best judgment for what they think the community will positively respond to.

The dnd4.com forum is meant to be as helpful, entertaining, and inspire people to help others, while having as few glaring disturbances (like spam) as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:29 pm 

And the weird thing is - it works :) No rules and yet noone is posting any "nono" stuff - and if someone did post something that was borderline and was asked to please remove it it was done so imediately. The people are helpful, nice, friendly and polite ... it kinda scares me that a place like this still exists in the interwebs! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:31 am 

I couldn't agree more.
The reason seems to be that there are 4-5 very active people, all very helpful and polite.

You guys are the "good spirit" of the forum, and people adopt this style very quickly :)

Eiko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:16 am 

It really all depends on the audience. This audience gets it. Try administering a message board with hundreds of rabid, screaming fankids. There's three years of my life that were a blur...

-WF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 am 

The people are helpful, nice, friendly and polite ... it kinda scares me that a place like this still exists in the interwebs! :D

Last edited by Khime on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Removing spam