It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Post subject: Table Top Final Fantasy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:44 pm 

Wouldn't it be super-mega-ultra fantastic if Square Enix could team up with WOTC to bring us a table top version of the entire Final Fantasy franchise? I mean... It sounds a lot easier than it would be in reality. The FF universe is so big that they'd probably have to launch something like that in large pieces instead of all at once. But I dunno... I've been dreaming for a long time about a video game crossover and THAT seems like the hardest nut to crack! They'd come to the crash of the century over justifying the artwork alone between the various games! The table-top format, however, wouldn't have such issues. The very nature of cooperative fiction almost mandates clashing styles to a certain degree... and in response, some very creative and dramatic resolutions!

I'm for the idea of table top Final Fantasy all the way! I never said it would be easy... but if they made it, hands down, I'd buy it! So feel free to kick this around. I want to hear all the nitty-gritty concerns and all the whimsical aspirations that people would have toward this topic. It is, in my opinion, a very entertaining and thoughtworthy waste of time! :geek:

Post subject: Re: Table Top Final Fantasy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:48 pm 

There is actually an entire community working on D&D-rules conversion of the Final Fantasy universe over at Final Fantasy d20. While the front page focuses on the d20 (i.e. 3.5) conversion, in their forums there are sub-forums for work on the 4th Edition conversion.

Not that I'm trying to stifle conversation here, of course, since your idea was for an official WotC version, but that fan site might already have a lot of what you're desiring in such a campaign setting.

I will often hit Submit and then think of something more to say, or a better way to say it. So don't be surprised if a post I made 5 minutes ago isn't the same as the one you think you're replying to.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:40 pm 

WOW! Man, that's worth a look! Imagine that... Still, it would be cool to have official WOTC rule books saturated with official FF artwork.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 pm 

That is certainly a great starting-point for importing Final Fantasy into DnD. My favorite part of that site is the section on materia! The 4ed hasn't even been started yet... what a drag. I might actually take this source and build upon it for my own uses. Sweet resource, man! Thanks!